James Hardie siding has rapidly developed into one of the most popular alternatives to wood and vinyl siding. The James Hardie corporation was founded over 100 years ago to develop exterior products especially suited to extreme climates. Hardie Plank is a fiber cement board that bears a striking resemblance to wood, complete with texture and grain, and is an excellent option for those wanting the look and feel of real wood siding without the hassles and risks that accompany it. But unlike wood-based products which may rot, curl, warp or split from extended exposure to moisture, James Hardie® siding products are engineered for Climate® to resist the harshest weather conditions including UV levels, wind, rain, pests and heat. Hardie siding boards are specially designed to retain paint much longer than wood, without chipping or peeling. No wonder it’s protecting over 5.5 million homes in North America alone!
Here are just a few benefits of James Hardie Building Products
- Character and feel of natural wood
- More durable than other lap siding alternatives
- Variety of architecturally designed styles and profiles
- Resists moisture damage – will not rot, crack, warp, buckle, swell or de-laminate
- Impact resistant – warranted against hail damage (ideal for houses near golf courses)
- Wind resistant – withstands winds up to 130 MPH
- Non-combustible, environmentally friendly
- Termite and carpenter ant resistant
- 30-year transferable product warranty for plank and panel (30-year for shingleside)
- Low maintenance – holds paint up to three times longer than wood
- Increases curb appeal, home value appreciation and possible homeowners insurance savings
- Proven product: has been around since 1903, the current formulation has been put on over 4 million homes in U.S. today
- Ranked #1 quality exterior lap siding product by Builder magazine for the past 5 years
- Ranked #1 return on investment by Remodeling magazine for the past 7 years
- Voted one of top 10 American building products by Home magazine
Interested in learning more about James Hardie Siding? Contact Schaefer Remodeling for a FREE, no obligation in-home siding estimate.
For the ultimate in performance with HardieZone® products, add ColorPlus® Technology. This proprietary process involves applying consistent, multiple coats of a paint that was created especially for fiber cement siding. The end result is a beautiful consistent finish that lasts up to two time’s longer than other finishes. A baked-on coating offers maximum durability and resistance to prolonged exposure to freezing climate and moisture contact.
For generations, James Hardie has strived to give their customers the very best siding products available on the market. Their unique formulation of the very best materials coupled with their commitment to quality gives you the best new siding product for your home. They are also able to keep the siding costs down because of their focus on fiber cement which is obviously another great benefit to you. James Hardie siding provides low maintenance, but unlike vinyl, doesn’t sacrifice the beauty and character of wood. James Hardie® fiber cement siding resists rotting, cracking, and damage from rain, hail and flying debris.
Knowing that a typical siding contractor or siding company does not necessarily install products to exact specifications, James Hardie provides siding companies with a Best Practices Manual detailing the very best installation methods. But even this extra effort cannot guarantee you quality installation of your siding. Schaefer Remodeling is proud to say that they have been selected as a Preferred Contractor for James Hardie in New Jersey!
Call (732)866-8600 to learn more about James Hardie siding products, our experts are standing by waiting to assist you in the first steps of your home renovation!